July 31, 2009

Our Summer Part 2


The Music Man went really, really well. With the exception of the non-airconditioned auditorium I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. My cast really got it all together and really showed Burns/Hines how great it is to have the arts in our community. My cast & crew put in so many hours and I am so grateful for the hard work that they did! I wish I had better pictures, but ...I was already taking illegal pictures so - I didn't do too bad. I just wish I could have gotten a shot of the boys band. My costumer was able to get the vintage (1970's) marching band costumes from the high school. Our community LOVES the high school and when they saw those uniforms again they couldn't help from clapping.
I'm glad that I did this - I miss the theater so much I get choked up when I think of it - so many good memories.
I'm also grateful to Ryan - he was a trooper - he filled in last minute for the barbershop quartet and ROCKED the part! So many people kept commenting on what a good singer and actor he is - I already knew this - but I'm glad that others in the community were able to see his amazing talents. I love you Baby and Thank you for helping me, listening, loving & supporting!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad that the show went so well! You really are an amazing woman!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Yay! I'm glad it all turned out. You were so worried! I had faith in you and your talents! Good job!

We obviously didn't make it up. I'm to busy getting completely disgustingly huge that I don't want to sit in the car for more then the time it takes to get to the grocery store! When are you guys coming back this way for the temple???

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a huge accomplishment! That is awesome. Ryan was holding out- I never knew he did acting or singing. That is fantastic that he stepped in and helped out.