July 12, 2009
Our Summer Trip!
I'm very late at posting this, but better late than never right?
We were able to have a fabulous whirl-wind vacation in Utah and brought back a few souviners!
We celebrated my Mom's birthday with a delcious dinner at Johnny Carino's and some yummy French vanilla birthday cake! We played at the new playground at Majestic Elementary and watched Katrina walking and Tiffany talking (and singing - the reptoir includes: "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" & "Old McDonald's Farm E-I-E-I-E").
Tiffany & I (Ryan was there too, but I don't think I would admit it) went to East High and got some "High School Musical" pics. You can buy a map for a buck and it will show you every locker, room & hall that they used in the movie. I touched Zac Efron's locker!!!!
We then headed to Bear Lake with Ryan's family & had a blast. Minature golf, dinners, pools, hot tubs, tubing in freezing cold water, suckers, games, singing & learning that carcinogens produce cancer and you DO NOT want to get "Dumping Disease" (My sis-in-law Jana is studying for her registered dietician test and I helped her with flash cards).
We came back for the fireworks & popcicles! It was Caiden, Katrina & Tiffany's (first time she wasn't too scared to watch) first firework show. For those of you who are wondering why you are looking at a brightly lit ladder. We found that lighting the fireworks atop a ladder provides a more entertaining effect as everything sprays down instead of just popping off the ground.
We also got to meet, for the first time, Ben & Ruth's little one - Cooper James Shelton - so sweet!! He really enjoyed the motorcycle noises that Ryan made...very soothing sound for a Shelton boy.
We had so much fun in Utah we brought some of the party back with us. Jeanette, Tiffany & Katrina came back up with us and will spend a few weeks up here.
More pictures to follow!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aw, my grandpa always lit the fireworks on top of a ladder too!
sad your pictures weren't workin' for me. I would love to see fireworks shooting down off a ladder! he he. Glad you had so much fun! I need a vacation!!!
Miss you friend :)
Hey, I love the TV thing! You'll have to tell me where you got that... You got some really cute pics in Bear Lake! I'm so glad we got to hang out - even if I was grumpy, exhausted, and completely frazzled half the time! (We all still love Parker, right??? :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment