We Moved!!! not too far though. We are still in Oregon, but we moved from Burns to Hines (which is like moving from West Jordan to South Jordan). Our home is a bit smaller than our other home, but we don't mind it a bit. We are happy that we sold, we are happy that we found an AWESOME rental and we are really enjoying our new neighborhood.
We get asked if we miss our old home. Honestly, no. We love our new digs, but if we could take one thing with us it would be our garden. We miss our garden - especially now since it's starting to be harvest season. We took some herbs with us and the new owners have said they are willing to share the harvest.
Fair week! The only thing we care about when it's Fair week is: Lion Balls. They are deep fried balls of dough that are smothered in sandy hills of cinnamon sugar....yeah we like fair week! We went to the parade that Saturday and Brigs had a blast seeing the dogs, horses and cars that went past - Dad liked the candy ( He hates parades, but is happy that he has "a reason" to run out and grab the candy)
This month is such a special one it's birthday time for TWO! Both Ryan & I became a year older. While both days were pretty low key - they were the best ever. Good food. Relaxing and wonderful desserts. How do you like my cake? The night of my birthday Ryan had cooked so much we didn't have time to make the birthday treat that I chose, Cinnamon Bun Popcorn and it was late (I'm trying not to eat treats past 9pm)so I enjoyed a peanutbutter cup! and had the popcorn the next day. Ryan, of course, had Dessert of the Gods, we crunched the numbers and we figured out that this was the 16th Annual Dessert of the Gods birthday treat.
Brigham. Oh Brigham. He's getting so big. Walking. Talking. Getting into everything!
Reaching for everything!!
His little personality is really coming through and his imagination is growing. One day while I was cooking I noticed he toddled in, rummaged through the tupperware and then toddled out. Once I got to a place in my cooking that I could stop I went into the front room and found him doing this...
In other {me} news. I'm really excited to announce that our community is putting on a production of Steel Magnolias. The geatest news about it is that I'm not directing it, but ACTING in it!!! I figured out that it has been SIX years since I've acted, waaaaay too long!! It was weird working on my monologue. Crazy to be auditioning and WONDERFUL to get back into the groove of it all. The play is beautiful and unlike the movie has no men in it. It's focused on the six women and all the action is done in Truvy's beauty parlor. I was lucky enough to snag a great part (let's be honest all the parts are great). I will be playing Shelby. I'm just so thrilled to be part of a cast again!
All of this has been going on with Ryan working his head off at the Ag Center, reffing soccer and he is broadcasting sports again for the new radio station owner - it's been great!!! While I don't like that he has to be gone every Friday night I am looking at it as: The night I can do my crafts, paint my nails, spend hours some time on Pinterest.



2 comments:
So fun! Happy belated birthday. I love your cute little house. I look forward to moving back into a house one day. Brigham sure is cute! I love the picture of him reaching on his tip toes- it perfectly sums up that age! Good luck in your play. I wish I could come see you. You are such a talented actress.
GAH! Michelle! That is so exciting. Break a leg. You will be awesome.
That picture of Ryan with the turnips (?) is classic.
Will you please please please post the popcorn recipe on your blog, or at least email it to me?
Post a Comment