It's been seven years. Seven years ago I called Ryan my boyfriend. I slept all by myself. I fit into that dress.
It really doesn't feel like seven years. It's hard to put a time frame on how long you have known your soul mate. I'm just so happy that I found mine and that I get to share this blissful life and wonderful eternity with him.
For an anniversary gift this year I wanted to do something unique and meaningful. Something that would reflect the 7 year milestone. Well you know how there is something (gem/metal/flower) that corresponds with every anniversary? Well for the 7th anniversary it is Copper. Not sure the significance, but the mention of copper makes me think penny and that made me flash back to a pin that I saw on Pinterest of this:
A sweet penny key chain that has pennies with the dates of your birthdays (and you can add anniversary, children, etc). I thought it would be perfect! and I thought that I could pull it off all by myself......I dug through our pennies & I found our birthday's & the year that we were married and grabbed the hand drill (can you already guess how this is going to turn out?). I don't know how that gal gets nice smooth, small holes in her pennies, but mine were large and gnarled with sharred copper and zinc and whatever else is used to make a penny. I didn't even make it through the 1979 penny (pure copper back then) before the drill bit broke. I showed Ryan what I had tried to do to which he responded, "that's really great that you tried" - pretty much it was like giving him a macaroni necklace that I made by myself in kindergarten class. So for our anniversary Ryan got a new drill bit (and a few other things)
This year Ryan was in charge of our anniversary activities. He got a sitter and we planned dinner & a movie. Dinner didn't quite go as planned. He wanted to surprise me and take me to the local Thai restaurant in town but between ordering your food & getting it is a two hour wait (she makes EVERYTHING from scratch) and by the time the sitter came and we got going there wasn't time for dinner and the movie at 7pm (our town's movie theater only has one showing 7pm) so we went to our favorite mexican restaurant instead
Then we headed to see "Contagion" because our love is like a deadly disease. You can't touch it without catching it!!
"Multiply it by infinity, take it to the depths of forever and you will only get a glimpse of how much I love you."



4 comments:
I saw that idea on Pinterest as well and totally loved it! Shame you couldn't get it to work...
oh goodness this is so cute. Congrats on 7 years!!
Congratulations! Amazing how time flies huh! Your blogs are always so cute! I guess I should get to updating mine, lol!
That was a really cool idea with the pennies. And I can totally imagine Ryan accepting it and loving it :)
Congrats on 7 years!
Post a Comment