February 18, 2011

My Valentine

My Valentine's gift came last night! I was really excited. Little did I know that this mid-sized regular-looking package contained...
 The Pioneer Woman Cooks!! I love PW, P-Dub, Ree - anyway she's called I'll take her! I couldn't wait to look inside and start planning future PW dinner menu's...
 Wait a minute!! Is that? ...Could it be?... No Way!

The Pioneer Woman knows my NAME!!! A SIGNED copy of her cookbook! I'm thrilled, extatic, over the moon and I still (hours after the fact) keep looking at that front page to make sure it's really there:
"Love to Michelle, Ree D :)"
Thank you Ryan for giving me such a great gift (weeks earlier he asked me, "doesn't she have all of her recipies online?") and thank you Nan for taking time out to have Ree sign this for me.
A bit of background story. Nan contacted me earlier to say that PW was doing a book signing in SLC on the 10th. I nonchalantly told Ryan about it and he bought the cookbook, sent it to Nan & arranged for her to send it back signed and everything! Sooooo worth the wait....
PW Cinnamon rolls anyone?
If you want to read Nan' story of meeting Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, check out our blog She Said for pics & q&a at her book signing in SLC.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Planinz Family said...

Yay for You! I loved seeing your reaction in the pictures. Ryan did good!!!