So, let's just pretend that this was posted a few days after Christmas instead of a whole month and a half later (and while we're still pretending could you turn the pics the right way....like I did, but for some reason they didn't load the right way...Thanks!)

Brigham's first Christmas was just as fun as he is!! We traveled on the best weather days and we got to see tons of family & friends (sadly not all of them, but we can always try for next year!!) and came home with more toys than Brigham knows what to do with!!

We had Christmas Eve dinner with the Pope....

at Buca Di Beppos! This is one of the hardest-to-get tables and WE GOT IT!! The food was AMAZING!! (I could eat their cheesy garlic bread....oh the drool, it's getting in the way of my typing!!) Buca's is a Great Italian family style restaurant that I think will be part of our Christmas Eve tradition from now on!

After some Christmas Eve gift opening at Grandpa's house (Brig's began the incredibly enormous toy collection there) we then spent the night at Grandma's. All the cousins were very excited Christmas morning to see if Santa had come!

Oh the gifts - and toys - became more plentiful after that! Do you see the incredibly cute bow and gift tag with that gift? Yeah, I made them myself. At Super Saturday there was a gift bow and tag making demo....I learned, I'm addicted, I'm never going to wrap the same again! Brigham had ALOT of fun playing with the little strips of paper that he would pull off with is little pudgy fingers, the toy train was just an after thought. I was pretty proud of myself with the gifts I got for Ryan - he's sooo hard to shop for, but I really made a home run with Star Wars the Force Unleashed for Wii (he still plays it!) and I got...... A Silhouette!!! YEAH!! Do you know what that means for you?? No more posts regarding giveaways for it!! Woot! Woot! Now I can just post my uber fabulous crafts that I make with it!

Onto Christmas with the Steiny's!! Everyone was home (including Jana & Brent from Louiiiisiana!). Brigsy got to meet his Uncle Brent for the first time - they hit it off right away. At some point in the week Brigham and Brent bonded while cuddling and watching football together (aaawh!) As you can see here Brigham has many cousins that are willing to help him with whatever he requires: food, toys and hydrated lips! It's so great to have Brigham surrounded by so many cousins - and he loves it too. We went through the whole Steiny Family Christmas vacation traditions! Gingerbread house making, big family dinners, Park City (I got to leave Brigham at home with the boys while I scored on 47 cent tank tops and $4 jeans!!), Brigs & Dad (and Grandpa) went a Jazz game, movies & games and of course....sledding.


This was Brighams first year. We bundled him up, hauled him out and then .... the screaming, the tears....the frustration!! It really was my fault because it was around his nap time so he really wasn't up for much anyways, but finally after a little help from Daddy, he seemed okay with trying it. We went down a few times. He kept a straight face so we think he liked it....maybe. And then he went back into the car for some warmth and hot chocolate.
The rest of the vacation just few by in a blur of Movies. Food. Ham. More Ham. Must request that we don't have ham for New Years so I can cut one ham out of my vacation. Cafe Rio. Quilt Making. Pedicures. Family Pictures (do NOT go to Sears at Jordan Landing).Ice Cream. Cold Stone Hot Chocolate (oh yeah). Scary snow storms. forming the Steiny Family Bookclub. La Puente Salsa (if you want me to do anything - even if it's illegal, give me this salsa!). New Years. Shrimp Ring. Family Guy doing the Star Wars Tilogy. Aunts & Uncles. More cousins than you can shake a stick at. Stuffy Noses. Fleece Sheets. More food. Getting the song "I Whip My Hair" stuck in my head for the rest of the trip. Reading. Good conversations. Kissing. Fun........oh so much fun. We headed back home...we knew that it snowed, but we weren't expecting THIS!

We couldn't even get into our driveway. Two feet of snow. Thick, heavy, broke our second shovel - snow. Most of you know my feelings about snow and this didn't help it any. Ryan (the tiny figure you see hunched over at the stoop of the step trying to make a way to get to the house) shoveled while I went over to Candace's and heard about the snow storm that went for a full 24 hours .....so glad we weren't in Burns for that!

As you can see, with my trusty snow gauge, it snowed far too much. Now (in February) it's pretty much melted with the exception of the mounds from snow plows - those won't go until July. But we made it home safe and sound and after Ryan shoveled us in (and Dan plowed our drive way). We spent the next few weeks unpacking. Why weeks you ask? Because I hate unpacking just as much as I hate putting my laundry away!
1 comment:
Great pictures! I'm sad we missed each other at Christmastime, but it looks like American is starting service to Boise, so I may be able to come visit after all! (And you can come visit me, too!)
Post a Comment