Aaaah, as the season of summer begins I am itching to have the school year over and the vacations to start!! I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would give everyone a good ole update!
We are doing well. Ryan is working!! He got hooked up with an awesome job at the Argriculture Research Center out here and while the work isn't the most exciting thing ever (counting grasses, identifying weeds, driving out to experimental dirt plots out in the boonies) you can't beat the great government pay!! We are oober excited about it. He has work with them until August and then we'll see what happens! Ryan is still planning on applying for radio jobs this summer so keep your fingers crossed.
I'm doing well. I've been subbing a ton and I'm excited for summer. I have signed myself up to do a community theatre production of The Music Man! Call me crazy....I know that I am. In six weeks I will be showing Harney County what real community theater is! It's fun, good and no one will be reading their lines off of their hand (honest to goodness truth about the last play that was done here!!).
We had Ryan's parents visit us last weekend and that was fun. We went yard saleing, got bit by dozens of mosquitoes, watched movies, ate at Glory Days and one evening went up to Deliment Lake to do some dutch oven cooking & fish. I'm so mad that I forgot my camera - there were some beautiful shots that evening! The sunset was beautiful - never forgetting my camera again. We then enjoyed some Simpson's Clue (It was Mr. Smithers in Mr. Burn's office with the slingshot) & Catch Phrase ("Middle Evil", "Evil Times", "Dark Times", Dark Evil Times"....Medevil Times!). We enjoyed having them here and hope they come back again!
Hope everyone is doing well!!
2 comments:
Sounds like all your business is fun business! That's wonderful. I wish I were livin' there so I could do your Music Man! My husband and I actually LOVE doing shows together, but due to some "issues" with our local company, we won't be doing any for awhile. Sad.
YAY! Hurray for WORK! I am so glad to hear that ryan got a job and that you too have been getting some jobs! That makes me SO SO SO SO happy. Good luck with everything! I know your play will be amazing! Too bad I live so far away---i would love to come =)
Post a Comment