May 26, 2009
Memorial Day Weekend
Our friends, Candace & Darwin Johnson and their boys Denver, Porter & Parker, recently purchased a camper trailer that can sleep 9! They wanted to go try it out and we were invited to try it out with them. The adventure started when the truck (that was pulling the trailer) ran out of gas and Candace & I had to drive out 10 mins away to try to find cell phone service to call someone and ask them how to switch tanks (the gray switch under the dashboard). We found a spot at Sage Hen Springs that had alot of trees, no mosquitoes (score!) and no bathrooms (the campers bathroom isn't ready yet and Ryan & Darwin learned about girls and well....how they need a bathroom). We ate like kings! Yeah for marinated steak!! And I won't tell you how many toasted marshmellows I ate, but .....you can't go camping without toasted marshmellows!! The beautiful thing about campers is the fact that you can go inside a room, sit on the couch and play cards at a table (I'm not knocking tents! they're great, but this was awesome). All I'll say is that I'm not good at Phase 10 and probably never will be!! The next day we went fishing at Yellow Jacket ("Porter has one of those" said Denver) Lake. Ryan tried to get a big one, but....it just didn't work out. But the fish really loved the bait and ate plenty of it! After a whole day of sun, sitting, watching Denver fish using a stick with "playdough" (that's what he thought the power bait was), eating handi snacks & Little Debbies Oatmeal cookies it was time to pack it up and take it home....where all the mosquitoes are!
We had fun and are excited to go with the Johnsons again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! Sounds like you guys had tons of fun. I am jealous. I wan't to go camping!
Post a Comment