November 29, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!



So the day after Thanksgiving, and still digesting the dinner from the night before, The Steineckert family decided to take a trip up to the National Malheur Forest to find the perfect Christmas tree. It was a perfect day. The air was crisp, cool & with no snow yet we were able to pick whatever tree we wanted without wading through snow to get it. We looked at a lot of trees and right before we turned around to go down another way ....we found her...Zola, the perfect Christmas tree. We cut her town, tagged her & brought her home. Doesn't she look fabulous!!! With the house full of the pine tree scent.......it's begining to seem alot like Christmas!

7 comments:

*Aliese* said...

We cut our tree yesterday! I can't wait to get it set up in our house to take photos as well. I too, love the fresh pine scent; it's so nice to come home to. Zola is beautiful.

Greg D said...

I absolutely love that you named your Christmas tree.

Amylee said...

Sounds like Christmas! The only time we cut down a tree I cut it down on a hill. Bad news. The tree wouldn't stand up in the stand- it wanted to slant. AND I MEAN SLANT. Zola looks lovely.

shelley said...

That looks like so much fun! We miss you guys - and the TREES of OREGON!!! :) Yesterday we put up Christmas lights and it was SUNNY and about 60 degrees. Bryson was in shorts and a t-shirt. (I guess THAT could happen if it was anything higher than minus 50 though :)
Shelley

Tara said...

YAY! We decorated our tree the day after Thanksgiving--so fun! I love Christmas... :)

Mardi and Jeremey said...

You are the only people I have ever known to name your Christmas tree. I love it. Zola is an awesome name.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cool Christmas card! Thanks! I loved the Jingle Bells Theme, especially the "Wi-IFE!" part. Ha ha ha, well done!
-Cameron