
August 2007. Changed my perspective. Changed my priorities. Changed my life. I am honored to be Emma's mother. I'm grateful for the lessons that she taught me. Motherhood wasn't a "career" it is a calling. The scripture "many are called, but few are chosen" came to be pretty personal to me. There were good days. There were bad days. There were days that I could hold a baby. There were days that seriously considered setting the baby section at Target aflame. If Motherhood is such a nobel calling why couldn't I have it? What was wrong with me? Why is it so easy for everyone else in this world get pregnant? {pictured above me & Ryan with our Emma}
Time
Patience
Prayer
Study
Patience
Time
Prayer
Pleading
Knowledge
Patience
Time
Faith
Patience
Time
Our first meeting. To say the sound of crying is the most beautiful sound in the world may sound wrong/strange. In this instance {the birth of Brigham} it was the sound I most wanted to hear. Once I heard it, I think I started to breathe for the first time. I was a mother. I knew that I was a Mother, but now I was a Mother to a child that needed to be on earth. I was instantly smitted. Who wouldn't be with that squashy little face?
I am a Mother. It's a calling. It's a characteristic. It's not the ball-and-chain nieve notion that I thought it was when I was young. To say that I am grateful is an understatement, but I can't think of another phrase, so...I'm grateful.
Two talks that I have heard recently that have touched my heart so much on the subject of motherhood:
and
{that one had me crying before I could choke out an Amen}
I could really go on and on about this subject, but it's late...so I won't. All I will say is that
- you don't have to have a child to be a Mother.
2 comments:
Michelle, I really appreciated this post. You are such a wonderful mother and I am so grateful that you have Brigham. And Emma. You are wise beyond your years.
Beautiful. Love you.
Post a Comment