Well this year I was going to be crafty, this year I was going to make some moolah, this year I was going to do the bazaar!! So after sorting through lots of craft ideas I settled on my tie-onesies:
(As you can see I had a really cute model for the capes!)
My partner-in-crime, Candace, joined me in the fun and made some really cute headbands and bows (I own a few of her creations myself!) Now back up a few weeks before the bazaar. Sadly a juvenile who didn't have much to do decided to set the Catholic churches Parish Hall on fire. It burnt down to the ground. Luckily no one was hurt and the Catholic churches chapel wasn't damaged, but where would the Christmas Bazaar be? The Faith Baptist Church, just across from ours, offered their building and the Catholic Christmas Bazaar was saved!!!
So after furiously sewing days ahead of the bazaar (because I'm that good at procrastination) and setting up a really cute table; Candace and I were ready for business (not in the slutty way)
I have to admit I had alot of fun with Candace and seeing everyone, but quite dissapointed in my sales. I didn't make as much as I thought I was and didn't think I was asking too much for a good, quality item. I did get alot of compliments, but just not enough people that were buying things for kids or baby boys (I kinda had some specific merchandise). I have to admit defeat to the "it" thing this year: Cow Skin purses.....yep that's what I said, Cow Skin Purses....with Rinestones no less!!
The humiliation. To be out sold by something so......ugly?tacky?rediculous? (if you are looking at these items and thinking they are cute, please keep that opinion to yourself)
I guess it's just the demographic. Maybe if my onesies were cow skin with rhinestones they might have gone faster.....mmmmmmm....
Anywho, it was fun to do. I'm glad that I did it, but I don't think that I will be doing it again.
I still have capes and onesies that I would like to sell so if you are interested just let me know!



1 comment:
Oh Michelle!! Cow skin purses? Really? That is really - just weird. Your onesies are the CUTEST!! At least now you have some super cute gifts for anyone that has a baby boy, right? :)
Post a Comment