June 23, 2009

Can I Swap My Tooth?

So, I thought I might be one of those lucky people that never have to get their wisdom teeth taken out - I have a big enough mouth, there's room in there. Wrong! After going to the denist with an emergency visit of a possible abcessed molar (which was confirmed). The only way to get out of this pain is to get them taken out. Blah! Since we currently don't have insurance we've been shopping around - insane what dentists are charging for wisdom tooth removal!! But I have to say - if you want to get it done, get them taken out up here in Burns! My dentist was by far the cheapest with $136 a tooth!! (There is one office up in UT that specializes in wisdom teeth only and it would cost around $1100 for the complete visit)
I know that there are reseach centers that will pay you and/or will take your wisdom teeth out for free if you take whatever meds they are researching on, but there is nothing like that up here and our time in UT is short enough that I can't really spend 20 hours in an office filling out a questionaire every hour. Unless they'd let me have visitors.....hmmmm.
So to the dentist tommorrow (June 24th) I will go and get my main, problematic, vain-of-my-existance-if-it-didn't-come-in-I-wouldn't-have-this-problem wisdom tooth taken out.
The dentist said that I shouldn't swell up (I have perfect cone shaped roots that should slide right out) - I hope that he's right!
I found a cool website (no, not mine, although - it is pretty cool). http://www.swaptree.com is a fun little place that you can swap books, movies & games with others for free! It's pretty cool. I'm going through all of my stuff to see what I can swap. Check it out.
Too bad I couldn't swap my tooth!!

1 comment:

*Aliese* said...

@ Michelle-
She sure did! She made my sister's gown and veil as well. What can I say? She's pretty much amazing. She did my gown, veil, and dresses as well.