August 1, 2008

New Adventures at Bear Lake

We had an awesome time at Bear Lake with Ryan's family! It was five days of fun with Guitar Hero, miniature golf, endless rounds of "Old McDonald Had a Farm" and swimming! The decor in the condo was .....retro. The use of wicker and orange photography was inspiring! We also got to go out on the lake and horse back ride, both of which, are firsts for me! I was really nervous, but glad that I bit the bullet. We went out on the lake and did some water skiing (Ryan was the king!) and tubing - LOOOOVE IT! THE MORE AIR THE BETTER BABY! At one point in the day we all decided to jump in the middle of the lake and we even convinced Ryan's Dad to join us! He was a good sport and jumped in - jean shorts and all! We also went horse back riding. Now the last time I had an encounter with a quadruped was at Megan's 6th birthday and she had a pony that would walk in circles. All I remember was whining to get on and then screaming to get off. I didn't scream when I got on the horse, but I did want my mommy! The horses name was Reuben and he was a really good horse! We went on a beautiful trail and by the end of the ride I was quite content to stay for another hour or so. I would definitely go again! And the raspberry shakes.........Aaaaaaaaaah! We had a wonderful time! To view the pictures it's just like a book. Click on a page and pull it back.

2 comments:

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

I want to visit Bear Lake for those awesome raspberry shakes I keep hearing about. Your post made me want to go water skiing. If only we had a boat or a friend with a boat and I wasn't so pregnant...what fun! I want to ride horses on a beach during sunset or sunrise. Wouldn't that be fun?

Love you!

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Yeah! I can turn the pages! I love that little book. That is a very cool addition to your blog. Maybe I'll have to make a little book myself of some photos. Very good way to display lots of photos in one place.