August 1, 2008
Hogle Zoo & Tiffy Too!
We thought it would be fun to go to Hogle Zoo and see the "Ghost of the Bayou" the white aligator. Now let me just take a moment and share with you the coolness of this alligator. #1. It's real!! #2. There are only 10 known white alligators in the U.S. #3. White alligators are only found in the US (Louisana) #4. Only 1 in 10,000 alligators have the "white gene" and two alligators with that gene have to mate to make a white alligator. That's pretty darn rare! #5. It is not considered an albino because it has blue eyes, not red. It was really, really, neat to see it - Tiffany, I think, was happy to be in held while we saw it. We got to see alot of other animals. Including: The pregnant elephant - she has only 20 more months to go!, the baby giraffe - born in November & penguins, bears, zebras, tigers...oh my! I was very happy to see that they still have the lion water fountain and not too surprised that my youngest brother, David, is taller than a gorilla! It only took from the exit gate to the car to make Tiffany (my niece) fall asleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess I can't complain much anymore about pregnancy lasting forever. 20 months?!
I think they have a white alligator at the Smithsonian Zoo? Or maybe I'm just remembering seeing the one at Hogle Zoo a few years ago? In any case I agree they look really cool. You look so happy, as always! I've always thought you had one of the best smiles on earth!
Post a Comment