June 20, 2011

Father's Day

I feel incredibly lucky to be raised by a loving Father. I am a Daddy's girl, through & through and that will never change. I've felt so blessed to have such a close relationship with my Dad and as I've gotten older I've been able to see past the "Super Dad" cape and see my Dad though big-girl eyes. My Dad can't beat up other Dads (his motto has always been "make love not war") and sure he has his flaws (hey, even Superman has his kryptonite), but that is what makes my Daddy special, what makes me love my Dad even more. This past year has been a "growing" year for our whole family (my parents divorced last April) and I've been able to learn more about my Dad and he has shared alot with me and I'm grateful for that. While marital status & living conditions may change - one thing is for sure, he's my Daddy and I love him from the top of his shiny, blad head to the botton of his extremely large toe.
Ryan, ryan, ryan. Not only is he a great husband - he's a GREAT Daddy! He's definatley the favorite around our house. I knew Ryan would be an excellent Father when we married and it's been a joy to see it in action. I hate to have to share Ryan, but I'm happy to share him with Brigham (I have no choice really, who am I kidding?)
Brigham is the spitting image of Ryan. People have said it, but if you saw baby pics of Ryan it would be hard to distiguish. They look alike - they act alike - they are definatly Father & Son.
My favorite moments lately have been when I'm laying in bed starting to drift off to sleep, on the right of me is the baby monitor and I can hear Brigs snoring quietly and on my left side is Ryan, snoring a little bit louder, but that is because he has a big boy nose. Together, snoring the same way - probably sleepin in the same position...it's the sweetest.







Photobucket

1 comment:

Amylee said...

Wow, Michelle. I had no idea that you were going through that. Doesn't it feel great to be married to such a wonderful man?