November 7, 2010

Brigham in his city

I think when we are asked what our baby's name is people just assume "eh their Mormon. It makes sense" Well while yes we are Mormon we didn't really name Brigham after Brigham Young - I guess you could say that we were influenced by Brigham Young...
A few years ago (yes we've planned on this name for awhile) we were traveling back from Utah - or Portland - one of the two and to help the time pass we talked about names for our future children. We jokingly went through some prophet names like: Lorenzo, Ezra, Gordon... all nice names, but again - we were joking and then I said, "Brigham" and we back tracked a bit. I wanted a name that was: Classic, unique and not over used. Ryan wanted a name that was "Manly". The name "Brigham" oddly fit the bill and felt ...dare I say...right? Granted we know that his full name will span the entire width of his kindergarten desk, but we love it and Brigham he will always be!

Last weekend we happend to be in Brigham City. We came down for the burial of Ryan's Grandfather who passed away a few weeks ago. While we were there we had lunch with my parents:
And made sure to take a picture of Brigham under "his city's " sign:
After dinner we headed up to Pocatello to be with with aunts & cousins for the Halloween weekend. While we were sitting in Shelley's front room I realized that Brigham was surrounded by all of his aunts! So we had to take a picture! We love our family!! What a great weekend. So WONDERFUL to be allllll together!


Photobucket

No comments: