March 9, 2009

Tag I'm It!

My sister-in-law, Shelley, tagged me. I have posted the sixth picture in the sixth folder in My Pictures and this is it. I call it "Man Under the Heat". For Halloween last year Ryan and I did a shout-out to "The Office" by wearing second heads a-la Michael Scott. To make these masks we did the classic paper mache crafting project. So with strips of newspaper and a mixture of flour and water I framed the face of my husband, Ryan, and to help it dry a bit quicker we used the blowdryer. The heads turned out quite well (see our Halloween post). I, however, did not do the paper mache on the face with the blowdryer method. I was just getting over a cough and I knew that I couldn't hold it in that long and as delicate as paper mache is I didn't want it to crack. So, I built my face on a balloon.
I'm running after Paco - tag your it!

1 comment:

shelley said...

YES! I love it! That is funny. Thanks for playing along :) (And just so you know, your doughnut post got me in big trouble... the other day I was walking through the grocery store and spotted some doughnuts. I have to tell you that I have not eaten a whole doughnut for probably 15 years, but I scarfed that baby in about 10seconds flat. Thanks a lot! :)