March 21, 2009

One Wicked Week!


Well, it didn't start out completely "wicked". I started out the week (Tuesday March 17th - Happy St. Patties everyone) with getting ready for the Relief Society birthday party. We had a garden party theme complete with everyone wearing a garden party hat & enjoying a short play "Emma Smith's Garden Party" that gave a brief history of each general president of the Relief Society starting with Emma to the present. It went "Wickedly" well. We had 60 ladies show up & everyone had a great time. As for my hat - nothing is better than an upsidedown potted plant holder that has a twig theme!

Thursday me and my two friends Courtney & Dana went to Portland to see "Wicked"!!!! It was absolutely - fabulous and amazing - and even though I have already seen it once before it didn't loose it's fabulosity!! If you have the opportunity to go (heads up my SLC friends!) it is TOTALLY & COMPLETELY worth the big 'ole ticket price. The drive up was full of fun, giggles & talking (for the whole five hours it takes to get there from Burns, OR), we stayed at a hotel that was walking distance from the theatre. It was great walking around and feeling the vibe of such a busy city ("I just felt like a little baby chick out of the hen house"). We saw the play that night and in the morning we enjoyed some breakfast "at Tiffany's" (or at least right by it). Now, while Dana & Courtney enjoyed their Starbucks coffee I was introduced to their Steamers - ooooh! Who knew that warm milk with a hint of vanilla could be so good!! (for my Cedar City-ites is that what a Hot Cow was at the Pastry Pub?) and they go great with their pumpkin scones!! Yum! I had so much fun walking around - and you got to love a super Good Will! I missed my Ry-guy though, but I'm sure he was happy to stay home and not have to sit through, yet another, musical.

There's no rest for the wicked! When I got home Ryan & I got ready for my cousin Lyle, his wife Jamie & their kids Dasha, Cohen & Gemma. They stopped by and stayed the night before they headed out to see the Redwoods! We had a lot of fun and gratefully nobody peed on anybody (a little inside joke!)

With all the things I had going on this week it was totally -Wicked! (in the 80's sense of the word!)*click on the images and it will slide into a big one.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I absolutely LOVE the garden hat! That was such a good idea. As for Wicked, I completely agree...worth seeing! Sounds like you had a busy but great week!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you got to see wicked!!! Everyone I know who's seen it has raved about how amazing it is! I'm so glad you were able to go!!!

What a fun idea for a RS activity! I'll have to pass that along to the enrichment commity in my ward! I really miss you, Michelle! It has been WAY too long since I've seen you! I hope that things are going well for you guys!